Vote in our X Factor Poll – Who is your favourite ever X Factor contestant!?
Hi all and welcome to our list of the top ten X Factor contestants ever!
Season 9 of the UK series of the X Factor starts tonight on ITV1 at 8pm so we thought it was an opportune time to look back at some of our home-grown talent through the years.
This list was compiled by Sarah and Matt after an intense conversation…their friendship just about survived! We compiled our list based on career success, releasing amazing pop songs and in the end some of our personal preferences! We actually ended up with sixteen names on our first round and reduced them to the ten below..
- One Direction – in terms of international success no-one can really beat these boys, we both liked their début album and have everything crossed for their second LP
- Jedward – which other ‘novelty’ act from the X Factor has defied their critics as much as these two? From Nintendo endorsements to £60 coffee table books these Irish lads are laughing all the way to the bank
- Leona Lewis – Leona is high on the list because we believe she gave the X Factor their first internationally credible singer, her career may have stalled of late but we predict a hit for her next single ‘Trouble’
- Rebecca Ferguson – the first lady to grab the X Factor by the balls after her time on the show, those balls saw her reject an album of covers and release her own written album to critical acclaim, she is also one of the financial successes of the competition which proves you can make it work for you
- Cher Lloyd – again Cher is a lady who stands up for herself, she is also breaking American and again is lady who does things her own way, perhaps let down a little by her management we hope her second album changes some of that
- Amelia Lily – the comeback kid, perhaps we have ranked her a little highly on one single but ‘You Bring Me Joy’ is great and working with Xenomania was a smart move
- JLS – the first and only ‘pre X Factor’ group to really make it, rejected by Simon Cowell on numerous times before the show the boys just kept on going and proved that hard work really does pay off
- Diana Vickers – wears no knickers, the indie pop darling of the group, we are waiting for some more music from Ms Vickers, a song like ‘Once’ would definitely see her star rising again
- Alexandra Burke – her Beyonce duet on the show still makes us shiver, currently experiencing a career stall herself but nothing can take away from her feisty attitude and ‘Bad Boys’ is still a great single
- Little Mix – I think by next year these girls will be much higher on the list, but for now we can only judge them on ‘Wings’, the initial signs are good, great marketing and a good image so far..now we’ve just got to stop people putting ‘Zayn Malik’ in every headline relating to the band!
Honourable mention goes to Olly Murs – he would have been our number 11, he really has done well from the X Factor but we cannot warm to his ‘cheeky chappy’ personality even after meeting him a couple of times now…you can vote for Olly if you disagree though!
DO YOU AGREE WITH US? VOTE FOR YOUR X FACTOR FAVOURITE BELOW!