Coconut Oil and Hair Loss
It is normal for the hair to undergo growth and loss cycle. Losing hair strand isn’t a problem until the case gets severe. It’s when you noticed that the hair falls out throughout the day. There are so many factors leading to abnormal hair falling out including but not limited to hormonal imbalances, side effects of medication, severe physical, mental, and emotional stress, side effects of hair treatment, and even rapid weight loss.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which binds to the hair protein and protects the hair from the roots to ends. It acts like sebum, a body’s natural oil that prevents the skin and scalp from drying. It coats the hair strands and protect them from dryness and damage. For the hair loss to stop, the scalp should have adequate amount of oil. What coconut oil does is it gently penetrates through the hair shaft thereby protecting the hair from environmental damage, especially when the hair is exposed to extreme heat of the sun. It does not only prevent hair loss, but as well as facilitate the regrowth of hair. This miraculous oil contains iron, vitamin K, and vitamin E, which are all proven effective in promoting hair repair and regrowth. Coconut oil is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It does not only facilitate hair growth, but also prevents the scalp from scalp-related diseases.
How to Use Coconut Oil?
Read below on to how to use coconut oil to help prevent baldness.
For Hair Loss
Coconut oil should be in its liquid state when used. You should dampen your hair with lukewarm water. The temperature of the water should be just enough to wake up the pores of the scalp. Put a liberal amount of the oil in your hands and gently apply the oil on the scalp in a massaging motion. This is to facilitate the flow of blood to the scalp and to evenly distribute the nutritional components of the oil. Cover the head with a shower cap and rinse the following morning. Do this at least one to two times a week. You will be able to see a significant improvement after three months of religiously using the oil.
For Deep Conditioning Treatment
Coconut oil has long been used by Asians to deeply condition their hair. For deep conditioning, you should cleanse the hair using your regular shampoo, rinse, and apply the oil. You have to make sure you rub the oil in the palm of your hands. By doing so, you will be able to warm up the oil as you apply the oil onto your scalp and hair. If you have a steamer, you can steam the hair for an hour. If you do not have a steamer, then cover your head with a shower cap. The scalp and hair will be able to easily absorb the nutrients of the oil when it is warm.
Hair Loss Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil strengthens the roots of the hair. When the oil is applied onto the hair and scalp, the nutrients will deeply penetrate the hair shaft, which gives the hair the nourishment and volume it needs. If you religiously use this oil, you will notice that your hair becomes stronger every single day and the hair fall dramatically reduced.
- Excessive water retention in the hair can lead to a condition called hydral fatigue. It is characterized by hair damage, which will eventually lead to hair fall. To prevent and counteract hydral fatigue, you will need a nutrient dense product and coconut oil is the best choice. It prevents hair fall by preventing hydral fatigue.
- One of the reasons why hair fall occurs is protein loss. The hair is packed with protein, which keeps the hair strong and shiny. If you are going to use coconut oil on a regular basis, you will be able to supply the hair and scalp the amount of protein it needs thereby preventing hair breakage and hair fall.
- The hair needs the right amount of moisture and coconut oil is very good in sealing moisture. If you regularly use the oil, you will notice that your hair looks shinier, silkier, and more hydrated. It gently and deeply conditions the hair from roots to tips.
- The scalp can be infected by certain strains of bacteria. If the scalp is infected, it is more prone to hair loss. The good thing about coconut oil is that it has antibacterial and antiviral property, which protects the hair and the scalp from all sorts of bacterial infection.
- It prevents and treats dandruff, lice, and even has the ability to relieve insect bites.
- It gives life and luster to dull, boring, and lifeless hair.
- It helps prevent dryness of the hair and split ends.
For best result, you should use refined coconut oil, pure coco oil, and virgin coconut oil. They have been proven effective in nourishing the hair and scalp and actually having the result using coconut oil for hair growth.
Additional News on The Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair
Coconut oil: Coconut oil is used to condition hair since times immemorial. Coconut oil moisturizes hair by strengthening the follicles. Gently massage hair by warm coconut oil once in a week.
Olive Oil With Coconut Oil: Mix equal proportions of olive oil and coconut oil. Apply this mixture on the scalp, massage the scalp and leave it for an hour. Rinse off with mild shampoo. This makes the hair root stronger and reduces dryness and itchiness.