Cheryl : Call My Name – we review Ms Cole’s ‘comeback’ track!
Cheryl : Call My Name (Audio Review)
- First ten seconds – wow this is very Calvin Harris sounding
- Vocals kick in – hello we are back to the 90′s!
- 32 seconds – very 90′s dance with all the sound effects
- 49 seconds – her vocals sound very weak
- 1.04 – auto-tune failure initiated
- 1.17 – the chorus is amazing!!
- Say my name baby! Simple and catchy lyrics – nice
- 1.53 – back to the ‘singing’ parts which are just weak
- It doesn’t sound much like Cheryl Cole singing does it?
- Where has her Geordie accent gone come to think of it…?
Hmm for a ‘come back’ single I am a bit dissapointed, Calvin Harris has given his best work to Rihanna with ‘We Found Love’ in my opinion. The vocals sound really weak in places and the verses are forgettable. However, the chorus is very catchy, I like dance Cheryl a lot and hope this is a reflection of the albums direction and well thank god it isn’t a track like ‘The Flood’ again, that would be horrific.
Here’s hoping it is a grower!
Let us know your initial thoughts about the track below…can Cheryl make it without the X Factor?
Gary Barlow from Take That has tweeted Cheryl: “Congrats on the new single.Sounds fab x”
Rochelle from The Saturdays wrote: “Just been in my car caught @CherylCole new track on the radio, ohhh what a big tune! Stuck in my head ”
Call My Name will be available from June 10, with her third album, A Million Lights, released on June 18. The video for ‘Call My Name’ is released May 2.